Support you at all stages
In the section below, you are able to explore in more details the work that is needed to be considered when constructing a Ventilated Facade. Thanks to our expertise amongst all aspects of the facade construction process such as the engineering, production and installation, you can freely choose at what stages of your project you would like to have us present to consult with you. Facade engineering is a highly technical expertise with many variables needed to be considered for a personal consultation on the matter please feel free to contact us at any stage.
Composition of FASSCO Panels
- Back-coating for the stabilisation of the panel, balancing atmospheric differences between front and back of the panel. A film of water
impermeable polymer, applied as emulsion paint with subsequent film formation by elevated temperature.
- Board, the backbone. A multi-layer cement bonded composite, each layer being reinforced by a blend of refined cellulose and durable, high strength textile polymer fibres (PVA)
- Adhesion primer to smoothen the board surface, to close its micro-porosity and to prepare the substrate for the following paint layers. A highly filled water based emulsion paint, applied by roller and cured at elevated temperature.
- Decorative layer, providing plain colour, multi-colour, metallic look or special light effects when the colour of reflective light changes with different angles of observation. A water-based, pure acrylic, high polymer emulsion paint, coloured with inorganic or mineral pigments, cured at elevated temperature for film formation.
- CLP shield to enhance durability of the entire coating system, easy to clean and protecting the decorative layer against damage by mechanical abrasion or vandalism by wall graffiti. A solvent-free, acrylic co-polymer resin, hardened by crosslinking polymer molecules under energetic UV radiation.
Decorative coatings on FASSCO panels are highly durable and weather resistant. An essential contribution to this performance is due to the transparent top coat we call CLP Shield, that acts as a protection against radiation from sunlight, such as UV and IR as well as against various damage and scratching. CLP is harder and more scratch resistance than any acrylic emulsion paint coating. Due to its chemical structure, our CLP Shield is chemically resistant, easy to clean even with methylated spirits after events such as vandalism by graffiti spray. These exceptional properties make FASSCO panels particularly suitable for public areas.
With rigorous demands for outdoors but also interior environments such as hospitals and labs, our Cross-Linked Polymer (CLP) top-coat offers a great protective surface for the paint but also your application use. Thanks to the closed surface composition of the CLP Shield dirt pick-up is reduced, mould and rot formation is prevented and cleaning with non-abrasive solvents such as methylated spirits is possible.
This top coat consists of an acrylic polymer resin that develops hardness and water resistance by crosslinking its molecules to a strong network. Applied as a liquid, the resin hardens by chemical reaction, initiated by a special light. The surface finish of the top coat can be influenced by control of the radiation energy used for crosslinking.
- Highly chemically resistant – With methylated spirits
- Anti-fungal and anti-microbical – Due to closed surface composition
- Protection against sun radiation – No Colour fading
- Water Impermeable – No liquid penetration
- Easy cleaning – with high pressure water or non-abrasive solvents
- Offers prolonged service life to your building
All FASSCO Products protected by CLP Technology will always be labeled with the following icon:
To be able to offer a standardised system and way to convey your colour wish with our design department, research laboratory and
production facility, we have chosen the globally recognised Pantone colour system.
Pantone is a system provider working with codes that identify colours and facilitates communication.
We believe that this reduces errors and speeds up the overall production process.
Coating = 2,310 unique colours to choose from
Print = CMYK 2,868 achievable colours
As part of our coporate sustainable strategy, we aim to reduce the use of paper use where ever possible.
This starts with the traditionally used palette fanbooks. We invite you to explore the digital solutions for android and iOS:
We believe that this increases offering, facilitates interactivity, eases of communication, increases palette diversity and keeps you up to date with the latest trends.
Our sales team will happily navigate you through the system during one of our meetings.
Quality Control Procedures
FASSCO panels are manufactured within the scope of the quality management system of Facade Corporation Co., Ltd. Taking into account the recommendations of the International Quality Management Standard ISO 9001, the manufacturing process follows a detailed description of all raw materials, individual process steps and their relevant parameters.
Particular attention is given to product quality control and documentation of product properties and deviations from specifications. This includes
- Inspection and characterisation of raw boards
- Reception tests for paints
- Quantity of applied paint layers (layer thickness)
- Paint drying and film formation of coating
- Colour measurement
- Gloss measurement
- Inspection for visible defects (e.g. pinholes or inclusions)
Small size samples of coated panels are taken by batch or project. They are kept as reference over the entire warranty period.
Below a depiction of the production flow.
Facade Corporation Co.Ltd. declares that FASSCO panels fulfill the requirements as defined by European Standard EN 12467 (fibrecement flat sheets) and can be used for internal and external wall and ceiling finishes, including rainscreen panels in ventilated facades.
Facade Corporation Co.Ltd. issues a Declaration of Performance that refers to certification by
independent notified bodies in Germany, i.e. KIWA MPA Bautest GmbH (0770) for the determination of product type (raw board for FASSCO panels) and Materialprüfamt NRW (0432) for the reaction to fire of the coated panel.
Raw boards for FASSCO panels are manufactured by Eternit GmbH, Germany, according to certified
management systems for Quality ISO 9001, Environment ISO 14001 and Occupational Health and Safety OHSAS 18001.
In analogy to equivalent boards coated by Eternit GmbH, Facade Corporation Co.Ltd. applies the
engineering parameters for installation of FASSCO panels in ventilated facades as defined and published by German Building Authority DIBt in the Certificate Z-31.4-183.